Skip to main content

Daily Diet

With soda out of my life losing weight became much easier. Losing 2 lbs a week was good but losing more would be even better. If I can go months without soda why not go months without eating out? My thoughts at this point were I've been overweight and miserable for nearly 30 years. Why not give yourself 6 full months of dedicated exercise, dieting, and no soda? If I can just give up 6 months I can live a better rest of my life. 

Now I needed to come up with a diet plan. Everyone has a magical diet plan and for the right price they can make it work for you. Getting the support of my brother we brainstormed and came to one conclusion. Who was the most fit athlete who wasn't selling something? Who isn't out there marketing themselves or some product? It took a lot longer than I ever imagined to answer those questions. Then it hit us......

ENTER THE DRAGON

Bruce Lee, a man way ahead of the health curve. Not being big on dairy other than powdered milk for his protein shakes was a big one because I'm not into dairy myself. Our diet isn't the same as Bruce Lee he needed way more calories and ate lots of pasta. The foundation was what we followed. No dairy, more carbs in the earlier part of the day and lots of protein. 

Here is a break down of my very first diet plan

7am  protein shake with 1 banana= 26 grams of protein 320 calories 54g carbs


 9:45am 5 egg whites plus 1 whole egg 24g protein 164 cal 2g carbs and a 0 wheat tortilla
8g p, 90 cal, 18g carb, 12g fiber

12pm Tuna sandwich 445 cal, 36g p, 38g  spilt it in half and the other half is my 2pm meal
fruit 40-120 cal 20-40 carbs 1-4g p

2pm other half of my sandwich more fruit 40-120 cal 20-40 carbs 1-4g p

4pm  protein shake 200 cal 15g carbs 22g p

6:15 dinner 
chicken or beef 230-280c 46-52g protein 0 carbs
Salad-including dressing 150-300 calories up to 10g carbs 2-10g protein
salads vary from a mix of romain lettuce, spinach, carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, red onions, tomatos, and egg whites

8:30  protein shake 120 cal 24g protein 3 carbs

11pm right before bed casein shake 120cal 3g carb 24g protein

I also snack on Almonds throughout the day about 2 ounces at random times.
364 cal 12g carbs 12g protein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good bye Pepsi, Coke, and Sprite

At this point im up to about 30 minutes of cardio working up a sweat. Although the calorie burn status on the cardio machine isn't accurate I use it to get a rough general idea. On this day I did some "serious work" burned 250 calories. I'm thinking to myself man 30 mins of cardio 250 calories that's got to be close to a pound of fat burned... WRONG! I searched how many calories burned are needed to burn a lb of fat. The answer 3,500 or 7 hours of cardio. I needed to increase my cardio but was physically limited and needed to find another answer to get under my goal of 300lbs. Previously I'd been given the option for bypass surgery given that I quit drinking soda for life. I couldn't give up soda but I can cut down. Instead of 2-3 sodas for dinner ( even more when I ate out) I drank 1 soda. With soda containing roughly 150 calories cutting out 1-2 sodas was equal to doing 15-30 mins of cardio. Now I'm thinking if I can give up soda completely fo

Starting point

A good part of my life I grew up overweight. It wasn't until I tore my lateral and medial meniscus that my weight passed the 300 pound mark. Once I hit 338 lbs I quit weighing myself because who wants to deliver bad news to themselves? Not only was I 338+ lbs, I had a fatty liver, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, limited movement in my knee, depressed, pre diabetic, and back pain. Not to mention stress from personal health, over 25k in debt, a child to raise, and no job. My surgeon insisted I had to lose weight but because of my knee limited me to 10 minutes of a stationery bike each day. First option was to get a bypass surgery to drop weight. After researching the types of gastric bypass surgeries I decided to get a lapband surgery where a ring would be surgically implanted around the upper part of your stomach. Excited to get the surgery done I had to attend my consultation. During the consultation I'm told that once I get surgery I'll have to quit drinking soda.

The reason for my blog

   I met a guy returning a pack of socks because he was pre diabetic and his Dr told him he can't wear the socks. After looking the guy in the eyes I told him I used to be pre diabetic. The look on his face was of disbelief and shock as he told me no way you look perfectly fine and healthy. Back then I was 338 lbs, had high cholesterol, elevated liver enzymes, depression, sleep apnea, and medications for each one of them. Aside from that I had torn my lateral and medial meniscus and had to wear a custom made knee brace that would be with me for the rest of my life.    When talking about the brace he asked what happened to it and what was my reaction when i first got it. How can I tell this stranger the truth? Embarrassed I told him I went home and had to live with it. Truth is I went home and fell asleep on the couch feeling sorry for myself and crying. Not only was the brace embarrassing wearing over your pants it was also uncomfortable .    Having limited time we had t